Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Crescent Shape Moon or Me

It was night, half past eleven and I could see the crescent shape moon from the window of my room. I am sitting on the bed parallel to the mirror. The reflection of me appears to be a person suffering from melancholia. With a faint smile as I looked in the mirror, my bosoms were partially covered with the pallu of my saree, my hair is loose but tense. I could see those drops of sweat that my cleavage holds. I got up from the bed, tied my hair into a bun, pinup my saree, and reach for the bindi that rests on the wooden frame of the mirror and stood waiting near the gate for him to come. Please come before this night ends and leave me just like this crescent shape moon.

Dil ke darwaze pe phir pyar ne dastak di,
Mano khushiyo ne ek nayi udan si bhari,
Bebak huye irade beparda huye hum,
Laga har pal phir se jeene lage hum,
Khushnuma har subhah uski aawaz se hoti hai,
Par sham hote hi tanhayi ki lou jala deti he
Aajao ke mere andar ka samundar registan na banjaye,
Yeh pyar ki kashti kahi yun hi na tham jaye
Mana Majbur hai in duriyo ki vajah se hum,
Par ab karwato ke sahare raat nahi guzarti,
Aajao ek aarsa beet gaya ek huye hum..

No comments: