Thursday, December 4, 2008

Down The Memory Lane

Yesterday night sitting beside my window I walked
down the memory lane
And realized that the moments which once were joy
today can be deepest of pain
Thought about the days which came so late and went so early
Those were the moments when I lived
which now have became memories merely
Collected the pieces of those hasty meets
which were inconsequential but just was a need
Remember your inveigling words in the moments of anger
but now when I turn back, the silhouette of past exists no longer
You held my hand and all the fears suddenly disappeared
you are not there to wipe but rains will wash away my tears
Faith was the key which broke like glass
all my dreams shattered at last
The ways parted, you turned your back and walked
going away from my sight on the way which destiny chalked
Pang of separation is difficult to bear
but this pain is beautiful, mystical and rare
The thought broke it was dawn ……
Suddenly I realized that don’t know how I traveled so many miles
With all these memories I was left on my face with a blameless smile.

4 comments:

Vibhushan said...

Very nice poem. Emotions flow freely, effortlessly blending pain with love with gratitude and all such delicate feelings. Enjoyed reading it.

Padam said...

really true from heart...there is some pain in the lines that is touching the heart..keep writing :)

induj charu said...

very contemplating....
feeling deep from heart....
but best thing is shattering of dreams end up in innocent smile.
even in all pains depicted, feeling of moving forward is always embedded.
.........a very thoughtful poem
keep writing and i will keep reading

Anirudh Pachisia said...

"but this pain is beautiful, mystical and rare"
cudnt have chosen better words .... nice post